UELAC Mission Statement
Our Mission is to preserve, promote and celebrate the history and traditions of the United Empire Loyalists.
We will accomplish our Mission by:
1) Uniting, in a Canadian-based association, descendants of families who remained loyal to the British crown during the American Revolutionary War, as well as persons interested in the Loyalist era and early Canadian history.
2) Supporting the collection and cataloguing of documents, books, artefacts, memorabilia and genealogical data relating to the United Empire Loyalists.
3) Facilitating and publishing research related to the United Empire Loyalists in the form of historical and family research journals, books, newsletters and digital media.
4) Providing Loyalist education resource materials and encouraging research through scholarship support.
5) Assisting in the construction and preservation of Loyalist monuments and memorials in Canada.
6) Participating in projects and activities which honour and celebrate the legacy of the United Empire Loyalists.
This is the current mission statement of the Association, adopted at the Annual General Meeting May 30, 2015.
To preserve, promote and celebrate the history and traditions of the Loyalist epoch in Canadian history by:
1) Uniting in a Canadian association the descendants of those families who, during the American Revolutionary War, sacrificed all to retain their loyalty to the British crown.
2) Collecting and cataloguing portraits, documents, books, weapons, flags, clothing and other artifacts relating to the United Empire Loyalists.
3) Publishing an historical and family research journal, books and newsletters as well as educational resource materials and encouraging scholarship and publication about Loyalist history and demography.
4) Erecting, constructing and repairing buildings, monuments and memorials in Canada to perpetuate the memory of the United Empire Loyalists.
5) Increasing public awareness of the Loyalist contributions to Canada and preserving, defending,and promoting Loyalist heritage within Canadian society, by developing and participating in projects and activities which honour and celebrate the memory of the United Empire Loyalists.
6) Defending and promoting the values and institutions fundamental to Canada's United Empire Loyalist heritage and, in particular, the Constitutional Monarchy, the Commonwealth, Parliamentary Government, the Rule of Law, Human Rights and Unity.
This mission statement was adopted at the Annual General Meeting June 8, 2002.